Miniature Road SteamPrint
2″ Scale Durham & North Yorkshire Traction Engine SOLD
|Model Type||Traction Engine|
|Boiler Maker||Unknown (suspected G. B. Boiler Services)|
|Boiler Year||Unknown (suspected 2006)|
|Condition||Ready to go|
For sale we have a pretty example of the 2″ scale Durham and North Yorkshire traction engine. Based on a non-surviving prototype, the Durham and North Yorkshire has proven popular with model engineers as a representation of an earlier design of traction engine.
- Copper boiler by unknown maker. We don’t tend to include boiler testing within the sales prices of our 2″ scale miniatures however please speak to us about boiler testing options going forward if required.
- Two-speed, single cylinder arrangement with Stephenson’s valve gear.
- Mechanical water pump and hand pump fitted for filling the boiler when in steam.
- Mechanical lubricator, whistle (disconnected), loco-type pressure release valves, dummy governor and dummy displacement lubricator.
- Mechanically, the engine has been built to a high standard. It is showing little signs of wear and looks to have been maintained well through its life.
- Cosmetically, the paintwork is an eye-catching green livery which is well-kept.
- The wheels are mounted on strakes for an authentic appearance.
Overall, a very presentable, well-made 2″ scale Durham and North Yorkshire traction engine which is great as a highly detailed, live steam display piece but also possible to steamed by the patient enthusiast!
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Height||22 1/2 inches|
|Weight (approx.)||c. 60kg|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!