Miniature Road SteamPrint
3″ Scale Burrell Traction Engine SOLD
|Model Type||Traction Engine|
|Boiler Maker||Devon Steam Boilers|
|Year||Engine 1985, boiler replaced 2014|
|Condition||Ready to go – virtually unsteamed since new boiler|
For sale we have this Burrell built to the ever-popular Plastow design. This engine has a virtually new copper boiler which was professionally fitted around 8 years ago. Since this fitment, it has very rarely been steamed. The paint was also replenished at that time so today is presented as a very fresh 3″ scale Burrell in very good condition!
- Copper boiler made in 2014 by Devon Steam Boilers, with an historical paperwork and boiler tests included. Please speak to us about boiler testing options going forward.
- Working pressure 100 PSI.
- Two-speed, single cylinder arrangement with Stephenson’s valve gear.
- Mechanical water pump and injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard. It is also fitted with a handpump.
- Mechanical lubricator, Plastow-style whistle, Pickering-style governors and Ramsbottom type pressure release valves.
- Mechanically, the engine has been built and maintained to a high standard. It is showing little signs of wear and looks to have been maintained well through its life.
- Cosmetically, the paintwork is really eye-catching and sets this miniature apart as being something a little special. It is nicely done throughout, with fine attention to detail, reflective of the fresh boiler inside!
- The wheels are mounted on rubber tyres for a smooth ride on hard ground!
Overall, a very nicely presented 3″ scale Burrell traction engine!
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
We always encourage prospective buyers to view vehicles and steam engines in person prior to purchase. This engine is advertised for sale by Berrybrook Steam & Classics on behalf of the owner and seller.
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Height||29 3/4 inches|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!