Miniature Road SteamPrint
3″ Scale Marshall S-Type Traction Engine SALE AGREED
|Model Type||Traction Engine|
|Boiler Maker||R. Wiggin (Non-commercial)|
|Boiler Construction||Copper, to a high standard|
|Condition||Ready to go|
|Asking Price||SALE AGREED|
We are delighted to offer for sale this beautifully modelled 3″ scale Marshall S-Type traction engine. Built in the 1990s by an experienced model engineer, nothing has been left to chance on this one with care taken on every detail.
– The boiler was non-commercially made by a superb engineer in around 1992. It is a copper boiler which has been constructed as per Marshall’s original design including the correct patent firebox pressings! It is accompanied by a folder of notes and drawings, previous boiler inspections and an album of original build photos. Please speak to us about boiler testing options going forward.
– Based on the unusual Marshall S-Type ‘convertible’ traction engine.
– Two-speed, single cylinder arrangement with a piston valve actuated by Marshall’s S-Type valve gear.
– Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard.
– Marshall-style Steam whistle, Marshall-style mechanical lubricator, and Ramsbottom-type pressure release valves, all to high standard and nicely modelled.
– Very well-built to a high standard throughout. Whilst it was clearly enjoyed in steam for a number of years, it has been well maintained. What truly sets this one apart is the attention to detail in the build, right down to the correct lamps and Marshall-style fittings throughout.
– The paintwork is beautifully done with traction engine style weathering after being enjoyed. It allows this one to look like a real traction engine, straight from the fields, which has simply been shrunk!
– The wheels are on original style metal strakes as per the original drawings.
– Not registered for road use.
– Includes a half-day tuition session, if requested by the buyer.
Overall, a superb miniature which is real tribute to the Marshall design!
We always encourage prospective buyers to view historic vehicles and steam engines in person prior to purchase. This project is advertised for sale by Berrybrook Steam & Classics on behalf of the owner and seller.
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Height||32 1/2 inches|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!