Miniature Road SteamPrint
NEW PRICE 4″ Scale Burrell SCC Traction Engine S3681
|Model Type||Traction Engine with Road Locomotive fittings|
|Boiler Maker||John Rex Model Engineers|
|Boiler Construction||Welded Steel|
|Condition||Ready to go|
|New Asking Price||£18,995|
Offered for sale is a good example of a popular miniature, as built to the well-known design by John Rex Model Engineers. A set of photos included amongst the paperwork documents the build from 1993 when the boiler was collected through to the first steaming in 1998! A wonderful record of a high quality build by both the original owner and John Rex.
- The boiler is commercially made, by John Rex Model Engineers in 1993. It has been steamed regularly over the last 20 years or so since completion in 1998 however is in good condition with plenty of life ahead of it. Appropriate documentation accompanies the boiler and a fresh boiler inspection can be carried out if requested.
- Two-speed, single crank compound arrangement with slide valve actuated by Stephenson’s link.
- Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard. Also fitted with a hand pump as a third means of filling the boiler with water when in steam.
- Steam whistle, Foster mechanical lubricator, and Ramsbottom type pressure release valves.
- Well-built to a consistently high standard throughout and maintained well with no significant issues in the motion or gears to note.
- Road Locomotive fittings including motion covers, solid flywheel, bunker extension, belly tanks and rubber tyres.
- Nicely painted with traditional lining out to give an appealing finish. The wheels have been recently repainted with Craftmaster paints and look very smart.
- The wheels are fitted with tyres for a smooth and comfortable ride on the road as well as the rally field. It is registered for road use with a current V5C.
- Includes a half-day tuition session, if requested by the buyer.
Overall, a lovely miniature which has been built and maintained to a high standard and which will no doubt give the buyer many years of enjoyment!
Asking Price –
New Asking Price – £18,995
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Width||31 1/2 inches|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!