Miniature Road SteamPrint
4″ Scale McLaren Showman’s Road Locomotive SOLD
|Model Type||Showman’s Road Locomotive|
|Boiler Construction||Welded Steel|
|Boiler Maker||Ravenhill/J Uphill (certified)|
|Boiler Year||Completed c. 2008/started c. 2001|
|Engine Completion||c. 2008|
|Condition||Ready to go|
We are delighted to present for sale, on behalf of the owner, this superb 4” scale McLaren Showman’s Road Locomotive. What could be easily described as the ‘ultimate’ 4” scale traction engine for many, this is an impressive miniature which is impressive to run and look at!
- The boiler is non-commercial but was correctly made and comes accompanied with a folder of historical boiler paperwork from a range of inspectors over the years and documentation so there will be no issue with future boiler testing.
- Three-speed, compound arrangement with slide valves actuated by Stephenson’s links.
- Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard.
- Steam siren, Foster mechanical lubricator, dummy governors and Ramsbottom type pressure release valves.
- Very nicely built to a high standard throughout and maintained to a high standard.
- Full Showman’s Road Locomotive fittings including a full canopy, motion covers, solid flywheel, bunker extension, brass olivers, belly tanks, rubber tyres, functional dynamo and lights all around.
- Beautifully painted with traditional lining out to give an appealing finish.
- The wheels are fitted with tyres for a smooth and comfortable ride on the road as well as the rally field.
- Ride-on seat attached to the rear of tender with footrests.
- Registered for road use with current V5C.
- Includes a half-day tuition session, if requested by the buyer.
Overall, a truly impressive miniature which stands tall above the other occupants of our current showroom!
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
We always encourage prospective buyers to view vehicles and steam engines in person prior to purchase. This engine is advertised for sale by Berrybrook Steam & Classics on behalf of the owner and seller.
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Height||52 1/2 inches|
|Width||37 1/2 inches|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!