Miniature Road SteamPrint
6″ Scale Garrett 4CD Steam Tractor SALE AGREED
|Model Type||4CD Steam Tractor|
|Boiler Construction||Welded Steel|
|Boiler Maker||AJB Engineering|
|Build Completion||c. 2008|
|Condition||Ready to go|
|Asking Price||SALE AGREED|
We are pleased to offer for sale this well-presented half-size Garrett tractor built to the relatively uncommon 4CD design. Built by a well-known model engineer in around 2008 using a commercially made boiler from AJB Engineering, this engine will be sold with a fresh set of tubes and a new, full commercial boiler inspection. Throughout its life, it has been well-maintained and is presented in good mechanical and cosmetic condition throughout.
- The boiler is a commercially made, welded steel boiler by AJB Engineering. It was built to a high standard and has been maintained well. It is due a set of firetubes which will be completed over the coming weeks meaning the new owner will be able to enjoy it with new tubes and a fresh, full commercial boiler inspection.
- Two-speed, double crank compound cylinder arrangement with slide valves actuated by Stephenson’s links.
- Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard.
- Foster mechanical lubricator, steam siren, dummy displacement lubricator and Ramsbottom-style pressure release valves.
- Well-built to a consistently high standard throughout by a well-known model engineer.
- Steam tractor fittings including motion covers, solid flywheel, belly tanks and rubber tyres.
- The paint is smart in a traditional Garrett green livery with red wheels.
- The wheels are fitted with tyres for a smooth and comfortable ride on the road as well as the rally field . It has also been fitted with a double seat meaning driving can be enjoyed with a friend!
- This one is registered for road use with a current V5C.
- Includes a half-day tuition session, if requested by the buyer.
Overall, a superb, smaller half-size miniature which is a great road engine having been built to a high standard.
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!