3″ Scale Burrell Traction Engine S3609
|Model Type||Traction Engine|
|Boiler Construction||Welded Steel|
|Boiler Maker||Franklin & Bell|
For sale we have this Burrell built to the ever-popular Plastow design. This engine looks to have started life in 1993 with a copper boiler built by Western Steam Models. That original copper boiler was replaced in 1997 by a steel replacement built by Franklin & Bell and that replacement boiler has been kept since.
To be sold with a boiler test, as required, but excluding our full warranty as a project under our ‘project miniatures’ section. It is a serviceable miniature which will run and steam however it looks as if, during the course of the transfer from a copper boiler to the steel boiler, some measurements were miscalculated meaning the build isn’t as good as it could be. To rectify the error would be uneconomical so it is the be sold as a lower quality, running example of the popular design offering the buyer room for improvement. It is being offered as a discounted price to account for these shortcomings. To further discuss this engine, we recommend calling us on 01392 833301.
- Welded steel boiler commercially made by Franklin & Bell, with all associated paperwork included. Please speak to us about boiler testing options going forward.
- Working pressure 100 PSI.
- Two-speed, single cylinder arrangement with Stephenson’s valve gear.
- Mechanical water pump and injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard. It also is fitted with a hand pump for helping keep the water level topped up!
- Mechanical lubricator, and Ramsbottom type pressure release valves.
- Mechanically, the engine has been built to a below-average standard. It is showing signs of wear but remains acceptable with some fettling. It will run and steam however and the build quality doesn’t affect the fun that can be had with it for someone looking for a cheaper 3″ scale Burrell!
- Cosmetically, the paintwork is a simplistic green in its working clothes.
- The wheels are mounted on strakes to give an authentic appearance.
Overall, an interesting project which will undoubtedly give the buyer hours of fun!
Asking Price – £7,495
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Height||29 3/4 inches|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!