Job Vacancy – Showroom & Workshops
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Berrybrook Steam & Classics. It is a varied role which is primarily an administrative based job with some practical work included!
Thank you to all applicants to this role, we have now filled the vacancy. We look forward to welcoming our new member of staff soon!
Berrybrook Steam & Classics is part of a small, family-owned business on the outskirts of Exeter, Devon. For over a decade, we have specialised in the sale of Full-Size and Miniature Steam Engines. We now also advertise and sell Classic Cars, Classic Motorcycles, Vintage Tractors and related vehicles.
We have a genuine passion for working with these earlier vehicles and pride ourselves on being able to broker transactions which suit all parties. We do this by either buying and selling or through our commission sale arrangements.
We additionally offer a range of related services including haulage, valuations, workshop facilities and steam engine experience days!
We have found that, with a successful advertising schedule and increasing popularity in the communities, we are busier than ever so are looking to fill a role to help us keep up with the day-to-day schedule in the steam and classic showroom.
The primary role of this exciting vacancy is to mainly assist in the administrative side of vehicle sales including photography, vehicle presentation, producing specifications and having the ability to assist in the workshops with some of less technical but more hands-on jobs, such as steaming traction engines for viewings or testing. The successful candidate will have a varied job giving assistance to both the sales team and workshop team as needed to help us continue providing our customers with the service we pride ourselves on. We envisage giving training to the successful candidate so wouldn’t expect them to be equipped with every skill needed for the role when starting.
- Enthusiasm for classic vehicles of all shapes and sizes!
- Good writing skills with keen attention to detail.
- Computer literate (the role will involve maintenance of our website however training will be given).
- Basic mechanical understanding.
- Ability to maintain a clean and tidy workspace.
- A willingness to be flexible in the role, as part of a small-business, and as the business grows.
- Willingness to help at our major shows – primarily on our annual stand at the Great Dorset Steam Fair.
- An aptitude for working on non-steam related vehicles as we expand our portfolio of classic vehicles.
- A minimum of a B+E (car plus trailer) or equivalent driving license.
The wage and hours are by negotiation and will depend on the candidates experience and availability. It will be based on our premises near Exeter and is a rare opportunity to work with steam and classic vehicles.
For a further chat about what the role entails, please ring either Sean (the Managing Director) or Matt on 01392 833301. To apply for the role, please email your CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you feel this job may suit you to [email protected].
We have set no deadline for this application and will keep the vacancy open until a suitable candidate is found.