Miniature Road SteamPrint
NEW PRICE 3″ Scale Foden Steam Lorry SO627
|Overtype Steam Lorry
|Ready to go
|New Asking Price
Offered for sale on behalf of the owner and original builder is this unusual 3″ scale Foden C-Type LWB Steam Lorry. The owner purchased the chassis and bodywork in 1998 and ordered a boiler shortly after in 2000. The engine and gears were made between 2000 and 2008 and was fully fabricated from scratch as no castings were available at that time. It was first steamed in 2009 and rallied regularly until 2018.
A superb miniature which has the benefit of being one of very few overtype 3″ scale steam engines that you can sit on to drive.
· The boiler is silver soldered copper and commercially-made by Western Steam. It has been steamed regularly since 2009 before being laid up in 2019 until recently. It is in good condition inside and out. Appropriate documentation accompanies the boiler and a fresh boiler inspection can be carried out if requested.
· Three-speed, double high cylinder with slide valves actuated by Stephenson’s links. It operates at 120PSI.
· Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard.
· Well-built to a consistently high standard throughout and maintained well with no significant issues in the motion or gears to note.
· Presentably painted in a fetching blue livery with wooden side boards.
· The wheels are fitted with pneumatic tyres for a smooth and comfortable ride on hard and soft ground. This engine also benefits from coming with more prototypical cast wheels with solid rubber tyres which can be fitted, if the new owner chooses to.
Overall, a well-presented miniature which has been kept well and stands proud. A good starter engine which is easy to fire and enjoyable to drive.
Asking Price –
New Asking Price – £9,995
We always encourage prospective buyers to view vehicles and steam engines in person prior to purchase. This engine is advertised for sale by Berrybrook Steam & Classics on behalf of the owner and seller.
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|26 1/2 inches
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!