Miniature Road SteamPrint
NEW PRICE 4″ Scale Burrell SCC Traction Engine SO597
|Model Type||Traction Engine with Road Locomotive fittings|
|Boiler Maker||Steam Traction World|
|Boiler Construction||Welded Steel|
|Condition||Ready to go|
|New Asking Price||£21,995|
Offered for sale is a good example of a popular miniature, finished in recent years using the kits available from Steam Traction World. Painted in an appealing War Department colour scheme setting it aside from the more common maroon livery often seen on this attractive design of miniature.
- The boiler is commercially made, by Steam Traction World. It has been steamed regularly since completion seeing comparatively little usage over the last couple of years. Appropriate documentation accompanies the boiler and a fresh boiler inspection can be carried out if requested.
- Two-speed, single crank compound arrangement with slide valve actuated by Stephenson’s link.
- Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard. Also fitted with a hand pump as a third means of filling the boiler with water when in steam.
- Foster-style mechanical lubricator, and Ramsbottom type pressure release valves.
- Well-built to a consistently high standard throughout and maintained well with no significant issues in the motion or gears to note.
- Road Locomotive fittings including motion covers, solid flywheel, bunker extension, belly tanks and rubber tyres.
- Nicely painted in an appealing War Department livery!
- The wheels are fitted with tyres for a smooth and comfortable ride on the road as well as the rally field.
- Includes a half-day tuition session, if requested by the buyer.
Overall, a lovely miniature which has been built to a high standard and which will no doubt give the buyer many years of enjoyment!
Asking Price –
New Asking Price – £21,995
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
We always encourage prospective buyers to view vehicles and steam engines in person prior to purchase. This engine is advertised for sale by Berrybrook Steam & Classics on behalf of the owner and seller.
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Width||31 1/2 inches|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!