Miniature Road SteamPrint
NEW PRICE 4″ Scale Foster Traction Engine S3694
|Model Type||General Purpose Traction Engine|
|Boiler Construction||Welded Steel|
|Boiler Maker||Live Steam Models (Commercial)|
|Condition||Ready to go|
|New Asking Price||£16,995|
Offered for sale is a used, live steam example of the popular 4” scale Foster Traction Engine built to the drawings and castings supplied by Live Steam Models in 1992.
· The boiler is welded steel and was commercially made by Live Steam Models in 1992. It has been steamed regularly throughout its life and is in good condition inside and out. Appropriate documentation accompanies the boiler and a fresh boiler inspection can be carried out if requested.
· Two-speed, single cylinder with slide valve actuated by Stephenson’s link.
· Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard.
· Steam whistle, Foster mechanical lubricator, and Ramsbottom-type pressure release valves.
· Well-built to a consistently high standard throughout and maintained well with no significant issues in the motion or gears to note.
· Nicely painted in a traditional colour scheme.
· The wheels are fitted with tyres for a smooth and comfortable ride on the road as well as the rally field. It is registered for road use with a current V5C.
Overall, a well-presented miniature which has been kept well and stands proud. A good starter engine which is easy to fire and enjoyable to drive.
New Asking Price – £16,995
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Width||30 1/2 inches|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!