Miniature Road SteamPrint
4″ Scale Tasker Steam Tractor S3733
|Ready to go – hardly steamed
The second of this remarkable design we have seen in 12 months, the 4” scale Tasker is an attractive miniature which stands nicely. Although somewhat smaller than other 4” scale traction engines (this comes out somewhere between a 3” scale traction engine and a 4” scale traction engine), it is very appealing complete with its tractor fittings.
This one benefits from only having been steamed a handful of times since competition. We understand it was started in around 2006 before changing hands prior to completion in a partially built state. The previous owner then concluded the build before selling it to us.
- The welded steel boiler was commercially made by Bell Boilers in 2006 and is accompanied by full documents. We would be happy to include a new commercial boiler inspection including a 10-yearly hydraulic test and 14 monthly in-steam/internal examination. The paperwork also includes a set of drawings.
- A single-cylinder, 2-speed arrangement with a slide valve actuated by a Stephenson’s linkage.
- Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard.
- Steam whistle, mechanical lubricator, and pressure release valves, as expected. Also fitted with a dummy displacement lubricator.
- Well-built to a high standard throughout. We are very impressed with the build quality and finish of this miniature.
- The paintwork is simply superb. Although a bit of a ‘marmite’ colour scheme, it truly suits this miniature, and you cannot fault the quality of the paint and its finish.
- Fitted with tractor fittings including motion covers, a solid flywheel and half-canopy.
- The wheels are fitted with steel strakes for an original appearance.
- Includes a half-day tuition session, if requested by the buyer.
Overall, we are impressed by this superbly presented miniature. With very few hours under its belt, this will give the buyer many years of relatively hassle-free steaming!
Asking Price – £13,995
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|39 1/2 inches
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!