Miniature Road SteamPrint
6″ Scale Burrell Traction Engine SO619
|Model Type||General Purpose Traction Engine|
|Boiler Construction||Welded Steel|
|Boiler Maker||AJB Engineering|
|Condition||Ready to go|
We are pleased to offer for sale, on behalf of the owner, this large 6″ scale Burrell single cylinder traction engine. Built in around 2010 using a commercially made boiler, it has been robustly made with attention given to ensuring it is durable and heavily made. Our records suggest it was completed in around 2014.
- The boiler is a commercially made, welded steel boiler by AJB Engineering. It was built to a high standard and has been maintained well. Please speak to us about boiler testing options going forward.
- Two-speed, single cylinder arrangement with slide valve actuated by a Stephenson’s link.
- Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard.
- Foster mechanical lubricator, steam whistle and Ramsbottom type pressure release valves.
- Well-built to a consistently robust standard throughout.
- General purpose arrangement with a differential, spoked flywheel and winch drum (with no wire).
- The paint is smart, albeit arguably fairly plain, with a red livery throughout, complemented by a simplistic yellow line.
- The wheels are fitted with tyres for a smooth and comfortable ride on the road as well as the rally field. It has also been fitted with a double seat meaning driving can be enjoyed with a friend!
- This one is registered for road use with a current V5C.
- Includes a half-day tuition session, if requested by the buyer.
Overall, a superb, larger half-size miniature which has been maintained to a high standard throughout its life.
Asking Price – £44,995
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
We always encourage prospective buyers to view vehicles and steam engines in person prior to purchase. This engine is advertised for sale by Berrybrook Steam & Classics on behalf of the owner and seller.
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Width||44 1/4 inches|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!