Miniature Road SteamPrint
6″ Scale Burrell Traction Engine SO630
|Single Cylinder, General Purpose Traction Engine
|Mr G. Squirrel (Non-commercial)
|Believed to be scaled up H. R. Plastow
|Ready to go
We are pleased to offer for sale, on behalf of the owner, this 6″ scale Burrell single cylinder traction engine. Built in around 1995, it has been robustly made with attention given to ensuring it is durable and heavily made.
It has been rallied for many years locally to us in Devon after we sold it previous back in 2011. Although the original build papers are largely no longer present, we believe this miniature was built to the H. R. Plastow design doubled-up!
- The boiler is a non-commercially made, welded steel boiler by a Mr G. Squirrel. It was built to a high standard and has been maintained well. It is nearly 30 years old so is showing signs of age however our assessments suggest the buyer would have a good few years of enjoyment being any remedial work was required. Please speak to us about boiler testing options going forward.
- Two-speed, single cylinder arrangement with slide valve actuated by a Stephenson’s link.
- Mechanical water pump and steam injector fitted for filling the boiler when in steam, as standard.
- Foster mechanical lubricator, steam whistle and Ramsbottom type pressure release valves. Also fitted with a dummy displacement lubricator.
- Well-built to a consistently robust standard throughout.
- General purpose arrangement with a differential, spoked flywheel and working winch drum. It has been used frequently for moving logs in local saw bench demonstrations.
- The paint cleans up well however is starting to look a little tired. The blue is very eye-catching and the engine gives the feeling of having the character of its prototype!
- Talking of character, the canopy can be either fitted or removed – we have chosen to keep it fitted as it adds a real sense of character to the engine as a whole.
- The wheels are fitted with tyres for a smooth and comfortable ride on the road as well as the rally field. It has also been fitted with a double seat meaning driving can be enjoyed with a friend!
- This one is registered for road use with a current V5C (Q plate).
- Includes a half-day tuition session, if requested by the buyer.
Overall, a characterful large-scale miniature which stands nicely and manages to capture the essence of a full-size engine!
Asking Price – £37,995
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
We always encourage prospective buyers to view vehicles and steam engines in person prior to purchase. This engine is advertised for sale by Berrybrook Steam & Classics on behalf of the owner and seller.
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|68 1/2 inches
|42 1/4 inches
|c. 96 inches
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!