Miniature Road SteamPrint
NEW PRICE 3″ Scale Clayton Steam Lorry S3632
|Model Type||Undertype Steam Lorry|
|Boiler Construction||Vertical Copper|
|New Asking Price||£6,250|
Only completed in recent years and built to a design scaled-up from the popular Robin Dyer 2” scale equivalent, this 3” scale Clayton Undertype Steam Lorry is complete with its articulated trailer and a substantial folder of paperwork supporting the build. It is nicely detailed and is well finished.
- Vertical copper boiler of unknown origin. Please speak to us about boiler testing options going forward.
- Undertype wagon with a twin steam engine and chain drive.
- Mechanical water pump and hand water pump fitted for filling the boiler when in steam.
- Mechanical lubricator, and pressure release valves.
- In true undertype lorry fashion, there are two ways of firing this engine. There is a traditional door on the front of the boiler as well as a second firing chute for top firing when driving.
- Mechanically, the engine has been built to an acceptable standard throughout. (Note, in the photos the drive chain is removed – this has since been resolved).
- Cosmetically, the paintwork is a nicely finished on the tractor unit in a red livery and gloss black wheels and chassis. The painting hasn’t quite been finished on the trailer but what has been done, has been carried out to a high standard.
- The wheels are mounted on solid rubber tyres.
As far as we can tell, this engine has only seen minimal use in its life so far. It has been built to a high standard and we expect it to bring years enjoyment to the prospective buyer.
Asking Price –
New Asking Price – £6,250
Warranty and Aftercare – All our ‘ready to go’ miniature steam traction engines include a 3-month warranty and a subsequent 33 months of technical support!
As with all our miniature steam traction engines listed for sale, we recommend viewing in person where possible. Appointments are recommended so please try to contact us before travelling for a viewing.
Please ask about our flexible part-exchange options. Delivery can be arranged to anywhere in the UK, and beyond, at buyer’s expense.
|Height||29 1/4 inches|
|Width||20 1/4 inches|
|Length||93 inches (inc. detachable artic trailer)|
Please note – dimensions and weights indicated above are approximate for guidance only. They exclude any easily removable components such as trailers, seats, spark arrestors etc and are supplied to give an indication of the storage or van space needed!